Walmart Inc Stock Forecast:
According to the predictions of 39 analysts, the average projected price for Walmart Inc stock in the coming 12 months is USD 161.49. The analysts’ average rating for Walmart Inc is Strong Buy. Stock Target Advisor‘s analysis of Walmart Inc’s stock indicates a Slightly Bullish outlook based on 8 positive signals and 6 negative signals. The last recorded closing stock price for Walmart Inc was USD 143.61. Over the past week, the stock price has risen by +2.27%, over the past month it has risen by +1.04%, and over the past year, it has fallen by -2.46%.
Analysts Coverage Change:
Evercore maintains an “Outperform” rating for Walmart and raises the price target to $160 from $145 on the company’s stock.
- High market capitalization This company is among the top quartile in terms of its size in its industry, indicating greater stability compared to smaller companies.
- Superior risk-adjusted returns Compared to its industry peers, this stock has demonstrated strong performance on a risk-adjusted basis for a hold period of at least 12 months, placing it in the top quartile.
- Low volatility This stock has consistently shown stable annual returns compared to its industry peers for a hold period of at least 12 months, which places it in the top quartile. While stability is positive, it may limit potential returns.
- Underpriced compared to book value This stock is trading at a lower price compared to its peers when considering its book value, placing it in the top quartile. While this may suggest that the stock is undervalued, it’s important to investigate the company’s financial performance to ensure there isn’t a specific reason for the lower price.
- Positive cash flow Over the most recent four quarters, this company generated positive total cash flow.
- Positive free cash flow Over the most recent four quarters, this company generated positive total free cash flow.
- Superior earnings growth Compared to its industry peers, this stock has demonstrated top-quartile earnings growth over the previous five years.
- High gross profit to asset ratio This stock is in the top quartile compared to its peers on the gross profit to asset ratio, which is a popular measure for value investors to determine superior long-term returns.
- Company’s total returns in the past 5 years are below median compared to its peers.
- Average income yield of the company in the past 5 years is below median compared to its peers, but it’s not an issue if you’re not looking for income.
- Stock is overpriced compared to its peers based on price to earnings and free cash flow basis and is above sector median.
- Company’s return on equity in the most recent 4 quarters is below median compared to its peers.
- Stock has shown below median revenue growth in the previous 5 years compared to its sector.
FA Score (Fundamental Analysis):
The fundamental analysis of Walmart Inc is “Slightly Bullish” with a FA score of 5.7 out of 10, where 0 is very bearish and 10 is very bullish.