- December Deliveries: Aviation Week recently published global new business aircraft deliveries for December 2023, revealing that Bombardier (BBD) successfully delivered 39 aircraft during the month. In the fourth quarter overall, BBD delivered a total of 56 aircraft, contributing to its annual delivery total of 138. This aligns precisely with BBD’s annual target and is consistent with industry expectations.
- Model Breakdown: The breakdown of BBD’s fourth quarter 2023 deliveries includes 20 Challenger 3500, four Global 5500, nine Global 6500, 17 Global 7500, and six Challenger 650 aircraft. This diverse range of models underscores Bombardier’s strength across various segments of the business aviation market.
- Meeting Annual Target: By hitting its annual delivery target, Bombardier has effectively mitigated concerns related to the risk of achieving its full-year target. There were apprehensions about back-end loaded deliveries and ongoing supply chain challenges affecting the aerospace industry. The successful fulfillment of the 2023 delivery target is crucial for BBD as it significantly de-risks the attainment of its revenue, EBITDA, and Free Cash Flow (FCF) guidance for the year.
- Impact on Financials: Hitting the delivery target is instrumental in unwinding working capital, enabling Bombardier to generate an estimated $640 million of FCF in Q4. This achievement positions the company well to reach its full-year guidance of more than $250 million in FCF. The ability to meet these financial targets reinforces Bombardier’s operational resilience and efficiency.
- Order Announcement: Adding to the positive momentum, Bombardier announced 12 Challenger 3500 orders on December 22. This not only enhances its order book but also positions the company favorably to achieve a book-to-bill ratio of approximately 1x when it reports Q4 results. A healthy order backlog is a positive indicator for future revenue streams and sustained business growth.
- Industry Performance: In the broader context of global business jet deliveries, December saw a total of 154 units delivered, a slight decrease from the 158 aircraft delivered in December 2022. However, for the entire fourth quarter, total deliveries reached 262 units, up from 250 the previous year. Bombardier led the way amongst business jet manufacturers with 56 deliveries, surpassing competitors such as Embraer and Textron, both of which delivered 50 units. Gulfstream delivered 29 aircraft in Q4.
Bombardier’s successful achievement of its Q4 delivery target not only demonstrates its operational effectiveness but also significantly de-risks its financial outlook for 2023. The company’s ability to navigate supply chain challenges and maintain a competitive edge in the business aviation market positions it well for continued success in the aerospace industry.
Bombardier Stock Analysis
Analyst Target Price and Rating: According to a Bombardier Inc stock forecast by 8 analysts, the average analyst target price for the next 12 months is CAD 80.45. This suggests a significant potential upside from the last closing price of CAD 53.49. The average analyst rating for Bombardier Inc is classified as “Strong Buy,” indicating a consensus among analysts that the stock is expected to perform well.
Stock Target Advisor Analysis: Stock Target Advisor’s own analysis of Bombardier Inc provides a more neutral perspective, with an overall rating of “Neutral.” This assessment is based on a combination of positive and negative signals derived from various indicators and metrics.
- Despite the neutral overall rating, three positive signals contribute to the analysis. These signals could be associated with favorable aspects of Bombardier Inc’s financials, business operations, or market positioning.
- Conversely, three negative signals are also factored into the analysis. These signals may be associated with challenges or risks that could impact Bombardier Inc’s performance or growth prospects.
Stock Performance: As of the last closing, Bombardier Inc’s stock price stood at CAD 53.49. Over the past week, the stock has experienced a modest decline of -3.73%. However, it has shown resilience over the past month, with a positive change of +2.90%. Looking at the broader picture, the stock has witnessed a decrease of -7.58% over the last year.
Market Trends: The stock’s recent performance trends indicate a certain level of volatility, with short-term fluctuations but a positive trend over the past month. Investors and analysts will likely be monitoring how these trends evolve in the coming months, especially in the context of the broader market conditions and industry-specific factors.
Outlook Analysis: The analyst consensus suggests a positive outlook for Bombardier Inc, with a Strong Buy rating and a substantial upside potential according to the average target price. However, investors should consider the neutral rating provided by Stock Target Advisor, which takes into account both positive and negative signals. As with any investment decision, it is crucial for investors to conduct their own research, considering the company’s fundamentals, market conditions, and individual risk tolerance.