WDAY Stock Forecast and Analysts
Based on the analysis of 27 financial analysts, the average target price for Workday Inc’s stock over the next 12 months is USD 201.87. This means that on average, analysts believe the stock will reach this price within the next year. Additionally, the average analyst rating for Workday is “Strong Buy,” indicating that on average, analysts believe the stock will perform very well in the near future.
Stock Target Advisor, has given a “Slightly Bullish” analysis to Workday Inc, which is based on a combination of 5 positive signals and 4 negative signals. This suggests that the firm sees more positive factors affecting the stock’s performance in the future than negative ones.
The last closing stock price for Workday Inc was USD 163.59. Over the past week, the stock price has increased by 2.12%, over the past month it has decreased by 5.29% and over the last year it has decreased by 36.58%. This indicates that the stock has seen a recent increase in price, but over the last year it has decreased in value. These figures are subject to change and should be taken as a snapshot of the stock performance at the time of the report.
Analyst Coverage Change
Capital One initiated an “Overweight” rating for Workday, which means they believe the company is more likely to perform well than the average company in its industry. They also have a 12-month target price of $200 per share, indicating that they believe the stock will reach that price within the next year.
Piper Sandler maintained their rating for Workday as “Overweight” which means they believe the company is a good investment opportunity. They also lowered their target price for Workday stock from $186 to $184.
STA Research has given Workday a rating of “Buy” which means they believe the company is a good investment opportunity. They also have a 12-month target price of $185 for the stock, indicating that they believe the stock will reach that price within the next year.
Positive Fundamentals of WDAY’s Stock
- High market capitalization:
- Indicates that the company is one of the largest entities in its sector
- Often seen as a positive indicator, as it suggests that the company is more stable
- Superior risk adjusted returns:
- Stock has performed well, relative to its sector peers, over a hold period of at least 12 months
- Indicates that the stock has been able to generate a relatively high return while also managing risk effectively
- Positive cash flow:
- Indicates that the company had positive total cash flow in the most recent four quarters
- This is important as positive cash flow indicates that the company has enough cash to cover its short-term expenses and is thus less likely to go bankrupt
- Positive free cash flow:
- Indicates that the company had positive total free cash flow in the most recent four quarters
- This is important as positive free cash flow indicates that the company has enough cash to cover its investment needs and is thus more likely to grow in the future
- Superior Earnings Growth:
- Indicates that the stock has shown top quartile earnings growth in the previous 5 years compared to its sector
- Suggests that the company has been able to consistently generate positive earnings, which is a positive sign for investors as it suggests that the company is growing and is likely to continue to do so in the future.
A slightly bullish view of a stock means that the stock is expected to perform better than the market average but not as well as a stock that is considered very bullish.
The score of 5.6 out of 10 is an indicator of the level of bullishness. A score closer to 0 would indicate that the stock is expected to perform poorly and the overall outlook is bearish. On the other hand, a score closer to 10 would indicate that the stock is expected to perform very well and the overall outlook is very bullish.
Overall Fundamental Analysis Score
A score of 5.6 out of 10 suggests that the stock is expected to perform better than average, but not as well as a stock with a very bullish outlook. It is important to note that the score is a relative measure of the stock’s outlook and the actual performance of the stock may differ from the expected performance.